Don’t hesitate to contact us if you require any information on stairlift grants.
O’Connor Carroll Bathrooms Tiles Stairlifts,
Stairlift grants are available from your local aurthority. People seeking a grant should contact their local authorities website. Forms can be downloaded.
Please click on the relevant link.
The Housing Adaptation Grant Scheme
The Housing Adaptation Grant for People with a Disability is designed to help people modify their house. It aims to make a house more suitable for a person with a disability to live in. It targets people of limited means.
The Mobility Aids Housing Grant Scheme
The Mobility Aids Housing Grant Scheme covers a basic range of works. It is designed to assist people with mobility issues. The works covered include grab rails, access ramps, level access showers, stair-lifts, and other small works. The aim is to make a house more suitable for a person with mobility problems to live in.
More information can be found on this Citizens Information link.
My tips if you are applying for stairlift grants
- Nominate one competent person to do the administration.
- Do everything by email. It’s much quicker.
- Get straight onto the internet and download the forms.
- Straight away you will see what documentation you require or are short of. Such as property tax, income, pension, doctors report or OT report, stairlift quotations and so on.
- Read through the forms carefully with a list.
- Ring the council to gather as much information as possible. Ask anything your not sure about.
- Gather the information as quickly as possible.
- O’Connor Carroll will be very quick to send a representative out and will send your quote quickly.
- Before you send any documentation to the council take a complete copy. Just in case it gets lost.
- Ring the council to confirm they have received your application.
- Ring the council to ensure you are not forgotten.
The key thing when applying for a grant is speed. Be proactive. Often the grant takes so long because the applicant themselves is very slow to gather all the information together.