Ireland Stairlift Prices. What is the price of a stairlift?
Contact O’Connor Carroll Bathrooms Tiles Stairlifts for for the most competitive stairlift prices. Our policy is to be up front and transparent with stairlift costs.
Our stairlift prices are very competitive. Straight manual swivel stairlifts start from €1,750 ex.vat. All stair lifts come with a 2 year warranty on the lift. This includes installation of the lift.
- Quoted ex.vat Vat is not included in above price as it is reclaimable from revenue. This is normally within a few weeks of installation. Vat reclaim details are given below.
- Additional Features The stairlift price will increase if the stairlift is equipped with additional features. Some have powered swivel seats, others have hinged tracks. Do you require a linked footrest? If the stairs are very long, additional track may be required. The final cost will therefore reflect the additional features you require. Each client requires an assessment at time of survey. From there an exact quotation can be given.
- Ancillary Works The stairlift is going to require a power point. The stairlift also requires sufficient space to park at the bottom of the stairs. A radiator may need to be removed or moved. The stairs may need to be modified to allow for the stairlift. These would be an additional cost to our basic stairlift price.
- Stock Also note that straight stairlifts are stock items. O’Connor Carroll keep a large stock and can therefore react very quickly. Installation is normally within a few days and only depends on scheduling.
Stairlift prices starts from €4600 ex.vat. for a Platinum curved stairlift. Approx. €5000 ex.vat for a Flow2 curved stairlift. Again VAT is reclaimable on all chair lifts. Note that curved stairlifts are more variable than straights because price varies depending on features (power swivel vs manual swivel), number of bends and type of bends as well as the length of track.
The curved stairlift is a custom made item and thus varies with your staircase. Of course we’re happy to give you a rapid quote at no obligation.
- Generally from €5000 to €6000 ex vat.
- We can’t give an over the phone price for the curved stairlifts.
- Curved stairlifts need to be surveyed.
- Price depends on length of track, number of bends, type of bends etc.
- Stairlift price also depends on the stairlift features as above; powered swivel vs manual swivel.
- Curved stairlifts vary considerably in price depending on the brand. There are cheaper machines and more expensive machines.
- Curved stairlifts are made to measure. The tracks are manufactured for each individual staircase. They are bespoke items.
- The track will be no good for any other household.
- They generally require a 4 week lead time.
- Our experts can visit you home and advise you on all the options available
Reconditioned Stair lift Prices
Clients can also avail of reconditioned stairlifts from O’Connor Carroll.
Price ; a straight stairlift reconditioned starts at €1200.
Curved Price; A reconditioned curved stairlift usually costs approx. €1000 less than a new curved stairlift.
Remember that the track for the reconditioned curved stair lift will still have to be tailor made for the staircase.
All our reconditioned lifts come with one year parts and labour warranty
Extended warranty’s are relevant for people or businesses who really do rely on their stairlifts.
Prices start from as little as €285.00 per year, with greater discounts for longer plans.
The stairlift can be extended up to 3 or even 4 years.
Again for people or businesses who really do rely on their stairlifts.
The service contract covers one annual scheduled service visit
In case of breakdown these clients get priority attention 365 days a year
Limited parts and labour guarantee are included
Contact us for more details
All Vat paid on your stairlift is refundable.
The Government does not wish to prevent people from purchasing stairlifts.
The refund process takes approx. 2-3 weeks after you receive your stairlift invoice.
Click here [Vat Form 61A] to get a copy of your vat form.
O’Connor Carroll can also help you with this form if you have difficulty.
Stairlift Running Costs
Stairlift running costs are very low.
Customers get concerned that the stairlift is continually left on charge.
Inevitably feeling they will result in large increase in bills.
Once the stairlift is fully charged the charger reverts to a trickle charge.
Thyssenkrupp tells me that the trickle charge uses no more electricity than boiling a kettle of water per day.
Why Choose O’Connor Carroll for Stairlifts?
are very competitively priced for stairlifts.
have significant experience and expertise in this sector.
install the most reliable and market leading brands on the market.
are competitive without compromising on quality.
have a strong commitment to reliability and service.
can boast proper stairlift demonstration centres in our north-side and south-side Dublin Showrooms.
hold a large stock of stairlifts in our Ballymount facillity, which allows us to react rapidly to our customers requirements.
continually invest in our business.
is the number one choice for stairlifts in Dublin
Some Key Information!
If you seek any information about stairlift costs please don’t hesitate to [Contact Us].
We are glad to be of any help and give any information you need.
If you wish we can send a representative out who will give expert advice.
You will also receive a full written quotation.
Quotations are free of course with no pressure or hard selling.
O’Connor Carroll are one of the largest installers of stairlifts and also the best stairlift prices in Dublin with showrooms in Ballymount and Glasnevin.
Grants to Help Stairlift Costs
Stairlift grants are available from your local aurthority.
People seeking a grant should contact their local authorities.
People may not realise they are entitled to a Grant.
A stairlift may be a good option especially for a curved lift which is very expensive.
Refer to our [Stairlift Grants] page by clicking on the link. Forms can be downloaded. Full information is set out.
A new stairlift is quite literally a life transforming investment as it restores peoples independence and once again allows them full access to their home. Once people have gotten over the shock of accepting that they are going to need the stairlift, invariably they are extremely happy with their investment.
I also believe that stairlifts are incredibly good value for what they actually do! A personal lift in your home for less than €2000 is great value. A lift that will last from 10 to 15 years in my experience.
I hope you found our stairlift prices page useful. Remember don’t hesitate to contact us for full information. O’Connor Carroll are the stairlifts experts.
www.assistireland.ie An invaluable asset for information on daily living aids.
www.citizensinformation.ie. Gives information on the various grant schemes available.
I’ve included the links below which bring you directly to the forms that you require for your council